My Conversion Story



My sister and my baptism, 1-18-14
Meghan, me, Kim, Elder Spaulding, and Elder Beverley
Hello again!
I would like to share with you my conversion story on how I became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. May I start from the beginning?
I was raised as a Catholic in my early early early years of my life then later my family joined a Christian church when I was around the age 6, we bounced around from church to church but still in the same denomination . But after a while my parents got tired of attending and because of the new born baby we stopped attending church all together. I was upset but I was not affected because I was just in fourth grade and I didn't have a full understanding of things just yet. I became more badly behaved in fifth grade when I switched schools because I really didn't want to, so I grew an attitude and I would talk back to my parents or my siblings, it just got ugly. School environment didn't help much at all, as I moved up grade levels and got more mean and I started to build a vocabulary of cuss words. I never had bad friends who taught me that, it was all because I wanted to fit in more and it just came naturally to me after a while, I never really noticed when I began going down hill... just sort of happened but I take full blame because it is my own responsibility to choose what I do. I always had a faith in God and Jesus Christ but I never to action to grow that relationship and understand more, first because I had no church where to attend to, second is because I thought I didn't have the time and that I would do it later and third is because honestly I was scared to make such a commitment and I felt bad for what I do and my lack of responsibility. 2 months before I even knew there was such a church I began to pray more sincerely and I improved my language to not cuss because I knew that was not what I really wanted to do anymore. Next thing you know I went over to my friend's house who was a member, Meghan, for dinner and it so happened that the Elders were invited too, so my sister and I had dinner with three young men, Elder Bowler, Elder Beverley, and Elder Spaulding. They were very sweet and funny, I was actually really comfortable with them and I don't really click with new people so quickly, AND I ACTUALLY DID! They only brought up church once but my sister said she wasn't too intersected. I was about to say well I do but I just don't have a church to go to, but the conversation was over quickly. Next week my sister and I actually went to church with Meghan, the Elders didn't expect us because we said we weren't intersected, they were so pumped and excited that we changed our minds, and so was I! At the time I still didn't know any religion called Mormonism so I went to church without knowing and I felt something that I never felt before at any church I have ever attended, my heart weakened and I got butterflies in my tummy the WHOLE 3 hours! I heard someone talking about the spirit and the Book of Mormon so I said to myself, hmm... MUST BE THE SPIRIT! I turned to Meghan after Sunday School and said, I think I want a Book of Mormon, I still didn't know it was a different religion! So Meghan told me I could get one from the Elders, we went around back to find them, I was really scared to ask for one so Meghan did for me but she pointed me out so I had to go over and get it myself, haha! Later my dad told me it was a different religion so I googled it and I didn't get a bunch a positives so I became scared. Later the missionaries invited my sister and I to a baptism... that one baptism changed my thought on everything and I felt the same butterflies in my belly I felt on the first Sunday, I couldn't deny what I felt and I won't deny what I felt. My sister and I cried, the Elders saw that lol what really made me feel better was when Elder Beverley said to me "You see that water? Someday that will be filled for you." so we set up a day to meet with them and it went from there. I felt the spirit countless times during my lessons like when the Elders told me to read the Joseph Smith vision, they asked how I felt, my response was kinda stupid... "My legs are numb" BUT I felt a lot of spirit! Also I had a little push before I said I wanted to get baptized, I had a dream. My dream was about the fount of the church overflowing and filling up the church, everyone was calm and happy. I woke up when the water reached my ankles, I felt a lot of peace and thought that was the bestest dream EVER. My sister and couldn't deny it and I knew this was the church I was searching for and I wanted to be a part of it so badly, before we finished all of our lessons we told the Elders we wanted to get baptized, but of course we needed to finish the lessons. Kimberly and I got baptized on 1-18-14 by Elder Spaulding and the next day confirmed a member by Elder Beverley, like Beverley told me, that water was filled up for me... and I am so happy that it was :) I've become a stronger girl that I never knew existed and I am so blessed for Meghan who introduced me to the Elders when I needed it most, and the Elders because they taught me so much and gone through so much with me and taught me that I am so much more, they all became my best friends. I grew strong bonds and relationships with church members and they are always willing to listen to me and I am too. I've become more open to talk which is unusual, I push myself more and I give myself more confidence to talk in front of the church and bear my testimony of mine! I respect myself and others a lot more and I've became happy again. The thought of just being a member of the true church always puts a smile on my face. I am so thankful for everyone who has supported me, and my parents for letting me choose what I want to do. Now I just really want to serve a mission, it isn't going to be easy but I have faith in Heavenly Father that he will bless me and help me out to find people just like me who is struggling. I love you all :)

I bear my testimony that I KNOW that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church of God and that is was restored by the prophet Joseph Smith and also that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. The church has blessed my life so much and I could not live without knowing the truths and I don't want to imagine where I would be right now without knowing the truths. The bestest decision I've ever made, I love everything of the chruch!
I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Comments